Saturday 17 December 2011

My favourite Heiress.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Daphne Guinness. I don't hold soft spots for many members of the aristocracy for obvious reasons but Big D is the exception. Serial man-eater, the real-life Cruella Deville and Queen of pointless extravagance (she recently showcased an 18-carat hand crafted, diamond encrusted, chain-mail armour glove whilst lying, swathed in a lace veil, suspended on a Perspex box). The aspects of her character I find so endearing are probably why some see her as ridiculous. I guess she's that too. Of course she is, completely ridiculous, the woman wears £200 Rick Owens T's to the gym and spends hundreds of thousands of pounds on couture every year. How could she not be? 

In a recent interview Big D told Stylist:

"Yesterday I was using nail polish as a lipstick. It's just experiment after experiment."

Mad bitch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment